Great skincare covered by harsh make-up means you’re building something wonderful only to tear it down.
Nude by Nature chooses not to use unnecessary chemicals, and avoids ingredients that can irritate or put your skin at risk. For example, you may discover a couple of these ingredients we avoid listed on your make-up packaging:
- Carmine: Carmine is a red pigment derived from insects (beetles that live as parasites on cactus plants) and is used as a colorant in cosmetics, such as lipstick. Carmine is considered controversial due to its animal origin, and its association with possible allergic reactions.
- Bismuth Oxychloride: This is a powder created from bismuth, oxygen and chlorine that is used in cosmetics because it helps make-up to adhere to the skin. Due to its crystalline shape, some people experience irritation or itching, particularly when they sweat.
- Parabens: They are synthetically produced preservatives, commonly used in cosmetics to extend the shelf life of products. Parabens are considered controversial due to concerns over possible allergies and other health issues.
- Talc: Often used in make-up to absorb moisture and as a filler to add bulk to pigments. Talc can be abrasive and harsh on sensitive skin, potentially leading to irritation or breakouts.
- Silicones: Synthetically produced polymers commonly used as skin smoothers to give cosmetics a silky texture. Unfortunately this film forming property can also trap everything underneath, which can lead to increased breakouts.
- Synthetic Pigments / Dyes: Commonly used as vivid cosmetic colourants, and are often derived from petroleum and coal tar. Examples of synthetic dyes to look for are: CI 15850 (D&C Red No. 6), CI 17200 (Red 33 Lake), CI 45380 (Red 21), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake).
Here at Nude by Nature, we are committed to delivering 100% naturally derived and cruelty-free make-up. Our approach is simple. High performing natural formulas without unnecessary chemicals, synthetic ingredients or preservatives often found in cosmetics. It’s make-up that works with your skin, not against it.
Instead of synthetic ingredients, we know the powerful results nature can deliver, and use trusted natural ingredients. These make our products good - from the inside out.
You’ll find the following beautiful key ingredients in our make-up collection:
- Aloe Vera: It’s been used for thousands of years to help moisturise, soothe and soften dry skin.
- Jojoba Oil: You’ll find Jojoba Oil is easily absorbed to moisturise, soften and reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Kakadu Plum: Known to have the world’s richest source of Vitamin C, and has strong antioxidant and anti-ageing properties.
- Kaolin Clay: Is a non-drying, soothing clay that absorbs excess oil and helps extend make-up wear.
Quandong: This Australian native promotes brightening and natural skin renewal, with extremely high antioxidant activity.
Sweet Almond Oil: Known to smooth, moisturise and soften skin.
Avocado Oil: Deeply moisturising and nourishing with high levels of Vitamins A, B and D.
Vitamin E: Is a potent skin conditioning active and antioxidant, known to have moisturising and anti-inflammatory properties.
Nude by Nature is more than cosmetic - it’s good for you.